Norton is a big name in the world of security software. Most of the tech users are very well aware with it that how well Norton protects devices when setup with the product key. Its advanced security features make it effective in fighting against the virus and malware.
Norton’s real-time protection on the other hand is one feature that I can’t miss while writing this article. when you activate Norton with the product key, It detects and neutralizes the threat in the real-time and eliminates the probability of any threat infecting the device.
About Norton security
As per Wikipedia, Norton antivirus is an anti-virus or anti-malware application product, manufactured and written by Symantec Corporation since 1991 as a portion of its Norton category of computer security solutions. It uses ribbons and heuristics to spot viruses. Other features contained inside it are email spam-filtering and anti-virus protection.
Symantec spreads the merchandise for a download, a box backup, also as OEM applications. Norton AntiVirus and Norton Internet Security, an associated solution, held a 61 percent US retail market share for security suites by their first half of 2007.
Why you should setup Norton on your device with product key?
Let me tell you a few of the major reasons why Norton is the ultimate security software for your devices with tons of features. Read below and be amazed by the ton of security features provided by this software.
Safe Cam for Pc
It instantly alerts if someone tries to access your computer webcam without your permission. This enhances the security of the computer and ultimately protects your privacy.
Cloud storage addon
Once you purchase Norton subscription, you are eligible for 50GB cloud storage on which you can store your important files and data hassle-free.
Real-time protection after Norton download
It provides your device with the real-time protection as soon as a virus or malware tries to infect your device or you visit a phishing website that can steal your information it automatically neutralizes them all.
You can browse the internet anonymously with Norton VPN. You don’t have to be worried about certain websites that try to access your location without your consent.
How you can setup Norton with the product key you received?
A lot of people usually get confused when it comes to setting up Norton with the product key. I can understand the task can be tedious for not so tech-savvy people around. Hence to help I have jotted down the steps to download Norton and activate it in the easiest way possible.
- The very first step that you need to follow is to visit Norton’s official website.
- Once you are on the website, you will be greeted with “Welcome to My Norton” page under which you will have an option to sign in.
- Click on the sign-in button.
- Now you will be redirected to the sign-in page.
- If you already have an account with the Norton you can enter your registered email and password and click on sign in.
- Else you can click on the other option available besides the sign-in that is “Create an Account.”
- Once you are in the dashboard of your Norton account. As right now we don’t have any subscription a message will be written on the screen “This account is not associated with an active subscription. Select subscribe Now to purchase a subscription”.
- Under that there will be two options available “subscribe Now” and “I have a product key”.
- If you click on subscribe now, you need to purchase a subscription after that you will receive a product key.
- Else if you already have purchased the subscription, just click on “I have a product key”.
- In this case, we already have the key, so we will be choosing the latter one.
- Now it will ask to enter Norton product key, in the input box under the “Enter your product key” heading.
- Please note the key is 25 character alphanumeric code found on your product card or in the order confirmation email (In simple words your registered email).
- After that Norton setup will initiate on your computer.
- Once installed it will also provide you with the option to install it on other devices as well depending upon how many devices your subscription is valid as shown in the image below.
- Now you can perform scan depending on your need with the help of the Norton dashboard. It can be a quick scan if you are in a hurry or a complete scan. It will ensure all the malware and viruses are removed and your device is fully protected.
- As per pcmag.com, Norton includes a full-blown firewall, hosted online backup. You can read the complete review here.
- As per tomsguide.com, The 2020 lineup of Norton 360 products offer almost everything you could ask for from security software. You can read the complete review here.
Norton is one of the feature-loaded and most advanced security software that is used by millions of users worldwide. Its real-time protection and advanced security algorithm make sure no virus or malware infects the device. Being a user of Norton myself, I will surely recommend it to you if you are looking to purchase and setup security on your device.